Since 1904, the one-hundred-forty-five-foot steeple of Holy Guardian Angels Catholic Church has been a landmark to people for miles around. The three bells that once called the people to the Angelus prayer three times a day no mark the quarter hours from the clock made by A.E. Polleans of St. Louis, Missouri, located on four sides of the tower. The church, measuring fifty feet by one hundred sixteen feet protrudes a slight twenty-one inches on each side of the transept to create an outline of the cross. Red brick with dressed stone trim highlight the elements of the Gothic design. Windows alternate with buttresses that rise to meet the steep gabled roof.
Cathedrals Among the Cornfields
by: Marilyn Schirck Setzler
If interested in this book, please contact Marilyn Setzler by email: email@example.com